Social media technologies like Facebook, Twitter, and blogs have rapidly emerged as one of the strongest weapons of contemporary governance in the last 16 years since the origin of Facebook in 2004. social media & Technology Abuse (Also referred to as Digital Abuse) is defined by the National Domestic Violence Hotline as the use of technologies such as texting and social networking to bully, harass, stalk, or intimidate a partner.
- Increases FOMO and feelings of inadequacy, dissatisfaction, and isolation
- Leaders’ manipulation in an area to maintain control for personal gain at the followers avoid basic managerial responsibility.
- Unrealistic views of other people’s lives and peer pressure
- Implementation of mindset in society in favour of running govt. to earn money.
- Not revealing the entire truth
- Creating a biased perspective of society.
- Killing democracy by not bringing oppositions point of view
- Disrupting the fourth pillar of democracy
- Brainwash the society
- Lack of awareness
How to deal with Abuse of Power in Media
Abuse of Power in media can be handled only by spreading awareness, sharing prospective after complete research and not entertaining fake news. One must be very careful while dealing with the victim and one should have enough experience to repel one’s reactions.
Working on Press Media
. “Though media may be owned by private individuals, it serves a public purpose. The media should focus on social and environmental problems including climate change. But now media is more of sold out to one or the other political party. It is more about political diplomacy the bringing out the truth for public welfare. This has led to the killing of thousands of innocents and led to a clear path and vision for the high authority people to make misuse power.